I. Organizational Context
To help the Western and Central African region overcome its development challenges, the approach of the UNDP Regional Center includes working with regional and national partners, to strengthen their capacity to accelerate progress towards their development goals, namely the MDGs.
In support of this strategy the UNDP Dakar Regional Center for West and Central Africa is seeking to engage a communications analyst for a 4 month period.
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Center Manager the Analyst is expected to:
- Support the Center Management in preparing briefs and reports for communicating the results of Dakar based Regional Center.
- Support the production of the center ‘s 2011 annual report and 2012 quarterly report
- Perform any other communication and information functions on Center’s activities as directed by the Manager.
- Support management in maintaining the Centre’s mission tracker and consultant roster
- Higher l University Degree on ITC, Communications or a social sciences- related field
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in production of information/communication materials and materials for presentation
- Excellent computer and IT skill
- Excellent English language skills, including writing and editing skills
- Understanding of development issues in West and Central Africa is an added advantage
- Fluency in French Language